Cherry-eyed Sprite Image Gallery
Cherry-eyed Sprite, Pseudagrion sublacteum, Kersieoog-gesie.
Cherry-eyed Sprite Image Gallery images as identification aid for damselfly species Cherry-eyed Sprite, Pseudagrion sublacteum, Kersieoog-gesie.
Click on all images to enlarge
Click on all images to enlarge or view more
- The Cherry-eye Sprite occurs from central KwaZulu-Natal to Mpumalanga and Limpopo Province. It also occurs along the Orange River in the Northern Cape.
- It occurs north to West Africa, Arabia and Israel, and also occurs on Mayotte Island in the Indian Ocean
- Angola; Benin; Botswana; Côte d'Ivoire; Cameroon; Congo-Brazzaville; Democratic Republic of the Congo; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Mali; Morocco; Mozambique; Namibia; Niger; Nigeria; Republic of Guinea; Republic of South Africa; Rwanda; Senegal; Sierra Leone; Somalia; Sudan; Swaziland; Tanzania; Togo; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe
Website of interest:
- African Dragonflies & Damselflies online
- A Visual Guide to the Damselflies and Dragonflies of South Africa
- Odonata Atlas of Africa VMU Number 663560.
- The IUCN red List of Threatened Species. Least Concern
Credit to: Manual of Freshwater Assessment for South Africa:Dragonfly Biotic Index By Michael J. Samways & John P. Simaika