- Endemic to Africa tropics
- 20 Species
- One species
- Two colour groups can be found being dark and pale
Habitat and behaviour
- Mostly occur in or near highland areas
- Breed in streams and small rivers with the pale group in more open landscapes and the dark group more in forests
- Easily identified by their long and spiny hind femora. (long hind legs)
- Fairly small to fairly large (hindwing 25-38) and vary widely in markings and appendages.
- Within species the extent of dark markings can vary strongly.
- Only images of males are shown
- To view images of female follow the menu links to the main description pages
- Click on all images to enlarge.
- Images of species that are available are shown
A selection of images