- Genus Hemistigma (Kirby, 1889) Piedspots
- 3 species
- Very little is known of the one world species Hemistigma ouvirandrae
- 1 species widespread in Africa
- 1 species in Madagascar.
Habitat and behaviour
- Recognised by its black-and-white pterostigmas.
- Metallic black frons with white spots on the side of frons, and a white lower face
- Wings clear with light yellow between the Costa and Radial veins Dark dark stripe at hind margin of wing
- Wing tips darken with age Females with dark wing tips.
- Only images of males are shown
- To view images of female follow the menu links to the main description pages
- Click on all images to enlarge.
A selection of images